Jan 16, 2009

2009

Hello again. Sorry about the blogging hiatus. I'm not pregnant (I know you were wondering). We've been busy. And sick. And tired. And traveling. And I have been reading. A lot. Too much. I can't help it. Jane Austen is a genius.

Holiday Highlights 2008:

-Ian suffered the violent wrath of the stomach flu
-We spent Christmas in Utah with J-P's fam
-Max made his acting debut as a shepherd in the family nativity production
-J-P and siblings installed a new wood floor for his mom
-J-P and siblings took snowboarding trip
-We spent new year's eve in CA with my fam
-Played at the beach
-Played with cousins
-Rushed max to the ER due to his worst allergic reaction yet.
We are finally home (ok, we've been home for almost 2 weeks), and chugging into 2009 at full speed. J-P's January India trip was canceled (darn terrorists), so his professors decided to take them to Shanghai instead. I have been busy trying to put our house back together and clean up after the toddler tornado duo.

My new year's resolution is quite simple: Survive. If I survive, my additional resolutions are: Organize (because it restores my sanity), Simplify (because I can't do everything. believe me. i've tried), Eat more miso soup (because it makes me happy), Spend more time outside (because who doesn't need more vitamin D), read to my children more (because it's the least I can do).

That's all. Happy 2009.
p.s. most of our holiday pics are on J-P's computer so i'll post them later.
p.s.s. the weather is entirely perfect here. a sublime 75 degrees. not a cloud in the sky. it is impossible not to be happy.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yeah! You're back! You are a lucky girl to be in 75 degree weather right now. I would love to be able to go outside right now.

I need to hear the story about Max's allergic reaction.

[M] said...

We gave him a glass of orange juice and his lips started swelling up huge and he started wheezing and coughing and having a hard time breathing so we rushed him in. I give him oranges all the time, but hadn't really ever given him straight juice. Turns out oranges are highly allergenic.

Shells said...

I'm glad Max is okay, that sounds so scary. In my opinion, spending the holidays in warm California is the only way to go. I didn't think so at first, but after spending the last five years there for Christmas, I've become more than convinced. I'm glad you had a good time with both of your families.

Jessica said...

So glad you're back! I missed your posts. :)

Alicia Leppert said...

I had a dream today during my nap that I was in Arizona and the weather was perfect and the sky was orange and it made me ache. I think I have built up this totally idealistic view of AZ in my head, but I love it. Can't wait to visit one day.
Glad everyone is okay and you are back blogging!

ecuakim said...

Love your post Mary Ann. Especially the parts about Jane Austen (I agree) and your resolutions (if only I were that ambitious!). I didn't even attempt THINKING of new resolutions this year, I figure I just need to recycle last year's anyway! Okay, and my favorite part of this post is that FANTASTIC picture of Max and J-P on the beach!

Phil Scoville said...

Glad that Max is okay and I too like the picture of Max and JP.

So is he in China now? Or when does he go?

[M] said...

yes, he's there right now...

J + A said...

Wish we could have seen you guys while you were here. Hope everything is going good.