Feb 25, 2008

Regresamos

We're back. We had a great time with family and friends in Utah and California. Check out our pics on flickr. My cousin's wedding was beautiful, there are more pictures here. Five things I learned on our trip...

1. I'm so fat, I no longer need to wear a coat (unfortunately my added insulation won't prove beneficial in AZ).

2. The DVD player in our minivan is worth it's weight in gold.

3. Ian is a great traveler. Max, well, not so much.

4. Taking both boys to the grocery store by myself yields disaster. Just ask the innocent by-standers that couldn't help but stare as I single-handedly replaced every single box of Jello to it's proper place after Max's rampage down the dessert isle. My other hand (and arm) was constraining a (horizontal) kicking and screaming toddler. The baby was a few feet away screaming in the cart.

5. There is no place like home...even if you live in a crazy house like we do.

Today my Phil and Ted's was a huge sanity saver. It worked it's magic and lulled both boys to sleep so this momma could indulge in some much needed alone time. Even if the alone time was used to do laundry and dishes.


I have been in denial about Ian's size. I have been squeezing him into his six month clothes for a few weeks now. I couldn't figure out why he was crying every time I dressed him, and tonight it hit me. My negligence was subconscious, not deliberate. I am not ready for my little baby to get bigger. Please don't report me to CPS.


3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Thanks for posting the wedding pics! Those tables were AMAZING! That looks like quite the reception.

That is one YOUNG LOOKING wedding party! Am I getting old?

It was great to see you guys! Sorry we weren't able to catch up more between church and the park!

Alicia Leppert said...

I didn't even know you were on vacation! I thought you'd fallen of the edge of the world. Ian is starting to look so much like Max. What a cutie.

S. Schuller said...

Yeah, Ian is adorable. I love the picture of the two of them, "Phil and Ted," napping in the stroller. How cute. I'm glad you're back!