Feb 29, 2008

Matchy Matchy

In my single years I made myself a silent promise that I would never put my children in matching clothes. It was too reminiscent of the matching T-shirt syndrome plaguing high school dances, and the matching outfits plaguing family pictures. I always thought wearing matching clothes on a date or in a family picture was absurd, but I bit my tongue and played along. I thought putting children in matching clothing was equally ridiculous.

I've changed my mind.


Now for the slightly embarrassing confession. I
love putting Max and Ian in matching outfits. It makes me deliriously happy. Taking pictures of them in matching outfits makes me even happier. Finding matching outfits at Old Navy for $3.98 per outfit makes me the happiest of all.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am the same way, I LOVE matching my boys, although I get major protests from the 4 year old if anyone happens to point out or make a big deal about the fact that they are matching. It's getting expensive though because now even though the younger two have plenty of clothes passed down, I want to buy three of everything!! By the way I did end up buying the Phil & Teds and L-O-V-E it!!! Glad to see you back on the blog!!

Alicia Leppert said...

You are so funny. I agree, I would never have pegged you for the matchy-matchy type, but it is so cute! I have always wanted to do that, but finding matching boy and girl outfits is a lot harder.