Nov 5, 2007

week 40


Still no baby. I am "ripe", have had my membranes stripped, and even tried taking evening primrose oil for the first time. Nothing works. My body likes being pregnant so much it wants to stay that way forever. Oh well, J-P and Max are both sick so it's probably not the best time to go into labor. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, I think this baby gained 5 pounds this week from a Halloween candy overdose.


Max is so intrigued by my massive belly. He is slightly confused, however, and thinks everyone has a "baby" in their tummy. When we ask him where the baby is he points to his own tummy, J-P's tummy, a stranger's tummy...whoever is closest. Aside from being sick, he has been running around the house, singing, climbing, making messes, and playing 'peek a boo' with anything he can find.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I am just the person to give you total and complete empathy - I hit 40 on Sunday and you'd think by the third time around, my body would learn how to go into labor, but NO! Our whole house is sick too, but the good news is, I fought my way into an induction on Wednesday... can't wait to hear your news!

Andrea said...

PS. You look AMAZING!! I can't even find anything to cover my stomach to take a picture in :)

Brynn said...

You look so good! Good luck!!!!! Did we decide which day to shoot for?

[M] said...

My doctor said he would give me the "gel" on thursday or friday...we'll see if that works:)

Annie-good luck with your induction (i'm jealous)
Brynn- I think 13 is our lucky number for babies...

Chelsea said...

Is the "gel" that cetadel (sp) stuff which comes in the form of a shoe string? I know that description sounds crazy. They gave that stuff to me while I was in the hospital and after 12 hours it didn't really do anything. It wasn't until they broke my water that I remotely started to progress. Good luck...you look great!

Chelsea said...

By the way, how in the world do you maintain your toes so they look so good while being 40 weeks pregnant? I couldn't even come close to painting mine.

[M] said...

Pregnancy is the only time I can rationalize paying for a pedicure (got one last week). I can't reach my toes and I don't want to look at yucky feet in the stirrups. Not sure about the gel (other than that it's the prostaglandin one), I'll let you know.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You look great, M-A! You're all belly & boobs, J-P must love it! :o)

Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear the news!

~Sarah said...

Love the photos - you look fabulous! I'm excited for the little guy to come and for my sleepover with Max (if that works out)!

Shells said...

I think your body must like being pregnant. Not only do you make it full term, but you look so cute as a pregnant woman. I get all swollen and fat. You look like you, with just a big belly.