Nov 14, 2007

New Addition

Ian William Scoville


...arrived at 5:40 a.m. on Monday. He weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 21 inches long. J-P took this picture seconds after he was born. The induction went well (the gel immediately brought on strong contractions), and the birth went better than last time. The doctor did some reconstructive surgery afterward to repair the damage from delivery number one.

Ian and I had a rough couple of days (no eating or sleeping), but we are finally home and things are going great now. He is a sweet baby and has been patient with his affectionate older brother. We are so excited to have him here. I'll try to post more pictures as soon as I catch up on sleep. In the meantime check out flickr.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

He's so cute Mary Ann. I love how wide eyed he is. He doesn't even look swollen for being only a few seconds old. I hope everything goes well with the nursing...I'm sure you are an old pro by now.
Good luck!
Chelsea

Jennifer Shurbet said...

Congratulations! I've been thinking about you and was so excited to see the pictures of Ian. He's a cute boy. When you get settled I'd love to come and see you, Ian, Max and J-P (if he's home). Take care! --Jenn

Alicia Leppert said...

Congratulations! I've been so absent from blogging I had no idea you were this close to delivering and suddenly, here he is! What a doll. I'm so glad everything went well.

Andrea said...

YEAH!!! He has the cutest little face! Congratulations!!

Shells said...

Congratulations. I can't wait to meet the little guy. I'm always afraid of calling new mothers during the first four weeks after birth. I figure they either have their hands full or are asleep. But if you ever need someone to watch Max so that you can get some sleep, I'd be more than happy to. Congratulations again. He's a keeper.

dandee said...

Ian is a beautiful baby! Congratulations Scoville family!

Pam said...

JP! Many felicidades to you! Now you have 2, boys that is. Your wife might need a little break now and then from all the guy stuff, so buy her something pretty or nice-smelling.

S. Schuller said...

What a beautiful, fuzzy-head baby! I want to hold him and kiss him so badly! What a cutie and congratulations to you all!