Oct 14, 2007

Let me out!


Boys are a different species. I know this because I grew up with two brothers. Being the only girl in my family was essential training for my current position: mom to Max. Max is all boy. He prefers to be outdoors at all times, thus enabling him to eat dirt, weeds, rocks, and ruin all of his clothes and shoes with mud. His self-appointed full time job is to rearrange all of the natural elements in our backyard. He takes special care to remove all the dirt from our plant pots and to strategically throw rocks into the pool and onto the lawn so his dad can run them over with the lawnmower. He is quite skilled at this task. When it is time to come inside I strip him down at the door and carry him (kicking and screaming in protest) straight to the tub. He loathes being indoors. He hangs on the door handle, cries, and begs to be released into the wild whenever we are inside. Unfortunately for Max, my medical compression pantyhose and I don't last too long in the 85-90 degree weather. Unfortunately for me, Max has no patience for nylon/pregnancy induced heat stroke. Let's just say we have some long days.


In other family news, my brother Tyler got engaged last night to his girlfriend Kathryn. Congratulations to both of you! I am very excited to have equal numbers of boys and girls in our family, as I have been outnumbered for quite a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tyler!

Max is such a sweetie! I love his enthusiasm.

S. Schuller said...

Yeah, Congrats to Tyler! I am excited for him! I can only imagine the drama of the pantyhose and hauling a kicking screaming child inside from his playland. He has no idea that his world will soon change with #2 on the way! It'll be great!