Jun 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Max!


I'll never forget the sheer shock I felt as they placed Max on my belly after he was born. He was huge. I could barely breath when the nurse called out his stats: 9 lbs 1 oz, and 22 1/2 inches long. How in the world did this baby fit inside of me? In my highly medicated, sleep deprived condition I kept muttering "I can't believe I had a 9 pound baby" over and over like a broken record. I probably said it at least a 100 times a day for the first week of his life.

I can't believe a year has gone by since that day. Max doubled his birth weight by 2 1/2 months, and outgrew his infant car seat by 3 months. Luckily for us his sense of humor grew as quickly as he did. He has been lighting up our lives with laughter since he was 6 weeks old. He has taught me how to laugh at things that would normally make me cry (poopy messes, food covered floors, eating bugs and dirt...). Enjoy some of my favorite pictures from his first year...

2 months
3 months
5 months
8 months
10 months

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Happy Birthday, Max! I thought about he and Dallin all day! Hope Max's birthday was nice! Did you guys have a little shin-dig? Adorable pictures, btw!

Natasha said...

Happy Birthday to Max. The year flew by. His little bro will be just as cute as he is. But for your sake, I hope not as big! Congratulations!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Max! You sure did grow up fast. Cheers to a great 2nd year! Love ya!