Jun 5, 2007

A Great Day...

Max is terrified of the dog and cow you see in this picture. He believes they
are alive and won't touch them. If they come near him he screams like a girl. I use
them to guard my folded laundry on the couch from a Max attack.


Today is a good day. I finished all of my errands and grocery shopping by 8:00 a.m. I finished my laundry by 9:00 a.m., and I finished dinner (and put it in the fridge) by 10:00 a.m. Aside from the haphazard explosion of toys that covers the living room floor, my house is clean. I feel great. Don't worry, this not a typical day. I usually end up chasing and entertaining Max all day long and not accomplishing anything.

Due to some unfortunate symptoms that result from a mangy intestinal parasite that both Max and I have, I have decided to cut dairy and wheat out of my diet. Not an easy thing to do. I have to improvise and be a very creative cook. My dinner inspiration today came from a blog I just discovered. I love it when I am trying to search for a great picture or recipe and google directs me to the archives of a fantastic new blog. I was searching everywhere for a soup recipe that had white beans, kale, and Italian sausage and...voila. Google introduced me to
chez megáne. She has some great recipes and some exciting links to other food blogs. Click here for the soup recipe. I would recommend using spicy chicken Italian sausage that is nitrate free, it gives the soup a fantastic kick. You can find it at most health food stores (and trader joe's).

2 comments:

S. Schuller said...

M-A, I'm glad you got so much done! What are you? Wonderwoman? That's great. You are so great. I love reading about Max and co.

Alicia Leppert said...

Sorry about the parasite. Ew.