Apr 25, 2011

Easter Outtakes














Things have been crazy around here lately. We have been in survival mode for a few weeks. Easter snuck up on me. Luckily I bought Easter outfits last year (on clearance), or my children would have had nothing to wear yesterday. We did not dye eggs, we did not have a fancy egg hunt, or plant wheat grass for our traditional Easter centerpiece...but we had clothes. And despite not having a working fridge, we managed to throw together Easter dinner for J-P's mom and sisters.

J-P had his back surgery last week and is still in recovery mode, despite seeing gradual improvements each day. Luckily his mom came down to help, because I am quite positive I would not have survived without her. I have had a lot on my plate, and having an extra person around made things bearable.

As usual, we didn't get any perfect pictures. Mostly blurry. Ava's shoes were off, the pretty handmade flower ripped out of her hair, and the boys were wiggling and belting out "cheeeeeeese" (while making funny faces) for the duration of the shoot. I meant to put their clothes back on and take some more pictures outside when the lighting was better. But that didn't happen.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

They look so cute!! I bought Jack that same suit and he wore it yesterday to church to! Hope things are going well!!

Rachel

Kathryn M said...

Their Easter Outfits are adorable! I wouldn't worry that they would hold still for a picture. My other friends that have kids all said the very same thing. Happy Easter!

Marianne said...

Such adorable kids, as always. (I tried to get cute kiddo pictures this year, too, but ended up with only outtakes. At least they tell a story, right?)

Tell JP we're thinking about him and hope he gets feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Try a higher speed and/or higher number f-stop for a wider depth of field. You'll need more light but hopefully it will be less blurry.

-Jeff

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE their outfits! Good buy, Mom!

Hope J-P's back is improving. It takes time. It took me at least 3 months to feel completely healed.