Jan 10, 2011

the hurricane

I always complain to J-P that all I do is clean. All day long. Everyday. Which wouldn't be a big deal, except that our house is never clean. At least not for long. I always feel like I'm sinking in quicksand when it comes to keeping the house clean. J-P's response to my grumbling is always the same. "You can't clean during a hurricane."

The Max and Ian hurricane is a powerful one. They can rearrange the entire contents of a room while I unload the dishwasher. And by rearrange I mean plunder and pillage. Destroy. Dump out every toy they own. More along those lines. I usually send them outside so they can release their creative energy without causing too much damage. But if you have seen our backyard lately, you would probably agree that it looks as though it has been hit by a hurricane.
Despite the messy house, I love the toddler stage. Really. The sweet hugs, the funny things they say, the innocence, the excitement. These two busybodies energize me and make my heart swell. Hopefully one day I will be able to let go of the mess that comes with them.

2 comments:

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

haha! I think your boys have more toys on that slide than I do in my entire house! I'm still trying to pare down! Someday we will get a hold of a clean house.

[M] said...

yeah, once a toy goes outside i don't let it come back in because it gets covered in dirt. all of those toys are from goodwill. they were potty training incentives for the firstborn, which, unfortunately did not work. i need to redonate.