Jun 12, 2010

four

My firstborn turned four today. Hard to believe. He has been excitedly awaiting this birthday for months now, asking about it every day. I had been meaning to plan a very cool dinosaur party for him, complete with games and invitations, but it crept up on me and I scrambled this afternoon to throw some decorations together. He beamed as he watched my last ditch effort and said " are you making this banner special just for me for my birthday mom?...thanks mom!" The party was magical for him. I don't think I have ever seen him so happy. I suppose part of it is that he finally feels good again. And I couldn't be happier about that. Happy Birthday Max, we love you "lots and lots and lots and lots"!

p.s. and yes, those are gluten-free/dairy-free cupakes, in case you were wondering...

3 comments:

ecuakim said...

It was such a great party! Thank you so much for having us; we had a wonderful time. And I cannot believe that Max is FOUR!

Jessica said...

You did an amazing job for one afternoon! I love the cupcake toppers! If I had one afternoon we'd probably be sitting there alone eating a birthday Twinkie. :)

Shells said...

Happy Late Birthday. Four is such a wonderful age.