Oct 22, 2009

almost 39 weeks


At my appointment on Wednesday the doctor stripped my membranes before I told him that J-P was going out of town for a week, without much possibility of making it back in time for the birth (should it happen while he is gone). Stripped membranes, coupled with a baby dropped "as low as it can go", and being dilated to almost a 3 is, according to the doc, a recipe for going into labor at any second. He said that if J-P wanted to be there then we should induce before he leaves. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I never actually go into labor on my own, I just took him up on the offer.

So, today is my last day of being pregnant. I'm a little sad. I love being pregnant (aside from yucky medical compression nylons). I love little babies more though, so it's an easy trade. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

ecuakim said...

Okay here we go!!! Yea! I am so excited to see this little lady; I can hardly wait! Congratulations and please keep me in the loop. I can help with the boys, etc., etc. Good luck with the induction, labor and delivery and tell J-P to be safe on his trip. We love you guys!

jlthomas said...

Good luck! And by the way you are a very cute pregnant lady!

Sarah said...

Good luck Scoville's! You have a beautiful family and adding a little girl will just be so fun! I wish you a speedy and easy delivery :)

Jessica said...

You are gorgeous! And so skinny everywhere but the bump! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics of your little girl!!

Molly said...

Oh my goodeness!! Congrats, I am hoping for a quick labor and easy delivery. Can't wait to meet your little lady. Please let me know what I can do to help!

jana said...

Awesome!!! I knew he'd help you out! :) So when does JP leave? You will be amazing!! When are we walking and going out for mexican food!! Can't wait to see the gorgeous gal!! I'm a doula if you want to be pampered!! I'd pamper you!! Best of luck!! Keep me updated!!